Friday, January 16, 2009

Log Entry 1/14/09

The other day I had a short day planned. An easy 2 miler plus my warmup and cooldown. I really haven't run this course in a while now since I've pretty much have moved on to longer runs, but I was running late and I was using this run as a recovery run to bounce back from some more intensive runs earlier in the week.

Long story short - I ran a 9:35 first mile and finished in 19:33! That was only off a PB by :02 seconds. Effort level in the first mile was super easy, but I struggled to hold pace the second.

Straight from my log:

Date: 1/14/2009 8:50 PM
Type: Easy
Course: 2.0 Mile TT Ladera Trail Run
Distance: 2 miles
Duration: 19:33
Pace: 9:47 / mile
Shoe: New Balance MR710RY (1)
Weight: 211.7 lb
Misc:
Quality: 8/10, Effort: 7/10
Weather: 60° F, Sunny
Notes:
First mile felt really good, and easy effort level. After that it was tough though. Effort level felt really high even though my second mile wasn't really any faster. Actually it was about :30 slower.
Statistics:
Calories: 320VO2 Max: 29.6

Overall it was a good run, not great but good. I love seeing my 'growth as a runner' over time and this run proved that what I'm doing is working.

Yesterday was a different story - I had scheduled an off day with just a lunch walk then softball at night; first I ended up going out to lunch with some co-workers so the walk fell through, then for softball we had the late game: 8:50, and the other team was a no-show. By the time I got home it was too late to get out the door so nothing was logged. :(

Keep Steppin'
Bob

No comments: