Thursday, June 10, 2010

Running / Softball and its Getting Late

I know I wanted to write some about my upcoming races, but it's already 11:30 pm and I'm pretty tired as I type this.  So the telling of the race plans is going to have to be put on hold for a day or two.

Today I got in another 2.2 mile run with the same old .3 mile cool down.  I ran fairly well and felt pretty good.  In fact, over the final mile I really slowed down on purpose because I didn't want to have two tempo (sub 10 min miles) on back to back days.  Granted the sub 10 min mile is pretty slow, but I feel pretty good overall, and I want to get in 4 miles tomorrow night.

This weekend looks like a 4 miler on Friday, a 16 mile bike ride on Saturday, and hopefully either a 20 mile bike ride or 5-6 mile run on Sunday - just depends on what the family has planned though.  If all goes to plan I'll have a eight day running streak going and I'll be feeling pretty good about my gearing-up for a 4th of July race I have planned.

I played softball tonight with my long standing Thursday night team - we're playing much better recently.   Actually we've won 4 straight and 5 out of the last 6.  I might have mentioned before, but I play second base for the team, and lately I've found my fielding range.  Somehow I'm getting really good 'reads' off the bad and I'm getting to balls that I couldn't have even dreamed of getting to last year.  Shoot tonight I almost made a play on a grounder that went to the left of our pitcher and left of second base.  If I hadn't hesistated as the ball passed the pitcher I could have dove for it and most likely made a play on the ball.  Still I made 6 of the first 9 putouts in a low scoring game.  Season ending game is next week - if we win we get second place, not bad for starting out loosing the first 4 games.

Keep Steppin'
Bob

1 comment:

The Boring Runner said...

That is the one thing that I don't like about traveling - not being able to do any mid week sports like this. Enjoy the softball!