Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Geocaching

Today was my 'off' day so I tried my hand at geocaching.  For those who don't know about this - in a nutshell it's like taking a hike looking for hidden treasure.  All you need is a GPS (or iphone) to get started.  I downloaded the free started app to my iphone and was suprised to find over 300+ geocaches within 8 miles of my house - kind of surprising if I do say so myself.  Anyway I thought it would be fun to go looking for my first one with Abby - about 2 miles later and 2 cashes we returned home.  It's fun to do and I got to spend some time with my little girl.  The next time I go out I'll capture some pictures and share them.

Last night I got in 2.2 miles with a .3 mile cool down.  I ran it pretty close to a tempo pace I would have had about two months ago, so my conditioning is coming back - I struggled throughout but I'm happy I was able to cover the distance at a fairly good pace without walking.

I'm still failing in getting up at 5:30 am.  Tomorrow I HAVE to get up so I can get a run in because tomorrow night is softball, and I won't have the chance to run at night.

Physically I feel pretty good - the scale is p*ssing me off, why did I stop running/working out for that month and a half?  Any why did I eat like a pig?  It's frustrating when I think about it.

Tomorrow I'll write a little about my upcoming races - I have two planned........

Keep Steppin'
Bob

3 comments:

The Boring Runner said...

What was in the cache? Do people actually hide stuff?

Bob Hazen said...

The two we found were called micro caches. One was actually an Altoids container painted camo colors. Inside is a 'log book' for you to write your name, and people leave little things inside which if you take something youhave to leave someting. One of them had a 2006 penny (the year the cache was started.)

kanishk said...

nice stuff...
PPC Advertising India