Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Nice Tempo Run

The last couple of days have been good.  My body has responded pretty well to running the 11.5 miler on Sunday.  Beth and I have done our P90x workouts, and they are getting a little easier (almost enjoyable).  I don't feel so tired doing them, an I'm seeing the benefits (still) during my runs.  The core workouts are helping me keep my form longer during my runs - overall I'm pleased with my results so far.

Tonight's run was a nice tempo run that I snuck in late tonight (after 10 pm).  And it didn't come until I had done my P90x workout.  The weather was nice, and I got in a quick tempo run 2.3 miles at a (9:12 pace) so overall I'm pleased.



The rest of this week I'm going to try to push myself a little harder and get in a few more miles so I can finish my month strong.  I need another 20 miles to hit my 100 mile goal and it's going to be tight for me to get there.  Even if I don't make it to 100 miles, the month isn't a total waste.  My overall mileage is looking solid, and steady; my body is reacting to the extra workouts pretty well; and I think next month I can even take my intensity level up another notch without hurting myself.

Keep Steppin'
bob

4 comments:

Running Through Life said...

It appears your body is getting used to the more intense work outs. I am sure that is a welcome relief.

Unknown said...

Wow! A 10 pm tempo run? That sounds like what I would do in college! FUN! Nice job.

Pining for Pinterest said...

Way to go on the miles!!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

How long did it take you to unwind and fall asleep from that run!? :) Great running and P90X'ing! It's so amazing to see and feel the benefits and improvements!!! I just started week 9, going back to week 1-3 workouts and it's cool to see the progress!