Thursday, October 23, 2008

Log entry 10/23/08

Yesterday was a good day for me. I got out twice and felt pretty good each time. (Now granted one 'outing' was walking but I still consider that good. The day my heart rate doesn't rise when I go for a walk, will be the day I stop logging my walks.)

Miles: 1.56

Walking

Avg Pace: 19:20

Time: 30:10

Also

Miles: 2.21
Running
Avg Pace: 10:07
Time: 22:22

With Wednesday complete I'm sitting at 11.46 miles for the week and 34.54 miles for the month. Both are pretty solid numbers for me over the past year. This being said, I'd like to reach about 15 miles this week and 40+ for the month so that completely in the realm of possibility. Physically I feel pretty good, my legs are sore and tired but not to the point where I can't walk. They just feel heavy right now - because of this the rest of my runs this week will be very slow paced and geared to help with my recovery. As I get older, I've noticed that recovery runs are more vital to success (just as most of 'Running" books explain).

I will be running the Thanksgiving Turkey Trot 5k again this year. This will be about the umpteenth time I run this event in it's history, and this will be the first time I run it with Alex. Now of course he's shooting for a sub 24 min 5k where as I'm looking at a sub 33 min time - so we really won't be running it together but at least he'll be there. So far my training is on track for my goal at this race so I'm feeling pretty good.

Keep Steppin'
bob

No comments: