Monday, October 13, 2008

Getting Started


I've decided to log my daily running thoughts/expirences here on this blog. Having never really done anything like this, I'm not sure how this is going to work out.

Today isn't my first day running nor will it be my last. That being said, I'm really just a mid-of-the-pack runner who is getting older and a little slower but I still enjoy getting out there and running.

It's been 22 years since I laced my first pair of running shoes up and I can still remember my first pair: New Balance in a burnt orange. They were hand-me-downs from my x-country coach who had convinced me to run for the squad since they were short people to field a team. (We only had 8 runners including myself.) And ever since that first run, running has given me something I can't express really in words, and that expression has changed over the years, and in fact changed almost every time I lace up my shoes.

On this blog I hope to capture some of this feelings and expirences and share them with you in a somewhat interesting manner. I have choosen this time to write because my oldest child is entering High School and just recently has started running (and posting) faster times then myself.




Welcome! And enjoy the journey!
Bob





No comments: