Thursday, March 5, 2009

Running in the Rain

Last night I stepped out and was startled to see a light mist falling. I love running in ths stuff. Now granted it's better to run in the daylight in this stuff because as soon as the sun goes down it starts getting really cold. But last night is was the perfect temp.

By the end of the run - the drizzle had stopped, and mist hung on the trails and streets. It was surreal running through the thick damp air with only streetlights and the half moon that was poking through the clouds to light my way.

I had planned on only running about 2 miles total but at the turnaround I just kept going. about 3 miles later I found myself at home. Kind of amazing - and I'm always astonished when something like this happens. Ran the bulk of it at a 10:17 pace so I was very pleased with the run as a whole.

Today I only have a 1.7 mile walk planned then softball tonight. So I have to wait another day to try and 'capture' a another good run.

Keep Steppin'
Bob

1 comment:

The Boring Runner said...

Running in the rain is the best. I am normally sweaty enough that running in the rain doesn't make me any more wet BUT it does cool me down!

Nice work getting in an extra mile!