Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Another PB Made This Week

Well today was supposed to be run with my friend Eddie - but as I feared he bailed on me about 2 hours before we were supposed to meet.

Text Message:
Eddie: "dude i hve to bail still in SD srry"
Me: "np your an ass see u soon"
Don't you love texting? God I hate it.

So instead of running down in Carlsbad - I drove home and ran at night like I usually do. My plan was to run a quick 2-miler that Eddie and I had planned plus a small warm up and cool down. During the warm up, my legs felt like lead so I decided to see what would happen if I really pushed myself over the next two miles. Well I pushed through the lead feeling and cruised to a 19:02 PB! That's the second PB over a distance this week - I must be coming to a peak in my workouts. I'm not going to complain.
Keep Steppin'
Bob

2 comments:

Chic Runner said...

I hate it when people bail! One of my biggest pet peeves. Hope he makes it up to you.

The Boring Runner said...

Nice work on the run! I don't keep track of my PRs for training runs, I should keep an informal record of those. It would be neat to see how I've progressed.

I don't mind texting. In fact, I txted during a meeting today to meet up with my brother in law friday night in PHX.