Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sunday night run.

I didn't really do much this weekend - and Beth got on my case for not helping around the house that much. Friday night was a bust - I did go for a run but the Lakers got their butts kicked so everything kind of evened out. Saturday I didn't run and it blew my chance for getting 20 miles in for the week. Still I didn't let myself get down - instead of running Beth and I had some good friends over for a BBQ (since it was 95 degrees outside). After a few beers, Beth let on that I was keeping this blog - let's just say I wasn't prepared for that and turned beet red. I'm not sure why - I'm guessing it just because I've never thought people I know would actually read this....

Anyway, today I went out planning to run 2 miles, but it stretched into a 5k. (In pretty good time for me) I felt so good I decided to try an extra mile time trial. This I clocked a 9:04! An 8:52 is my record and this 9:04 came right after running a sub 32 min 5k! Boy, I'm really ready for Thanksgiving right now. From this point on I'm planning to run my remaining training runs very slowly - and this week I'm trying to log 24 miles. We'll see how it goes.


Keep Steppin'

Bob

No comments: