Thursday, November 13, 2008

I've made some changes......

Well I've basically changed some format items on my blog. First and foremost, I've finally switched over to RunningAhead, and all the links should be working now. Secondly, I've added a Goals section on the right of the page so I can clearly see what goals are coming up and estimate in my head if I'm going to complete them on-time. I felt that it was good reference to all my readers if I mention something related to my current goals. Finally, I've added links from RunningAhead that show my weekly/monthly/yearly totals along with my last 5 workouts. That way I don't have to really type my Log Summary posts just to display numbers - I can rather spend the time writing something that maybe you guys could find useful in your own training (or at least entertaining.)

Yesterday I didn't go for my scheduled run. I think my son passed his head cold to me; my throat is sore and scratchy, eyes watering, and nose is running like a faucet. So instead I fixed my blog, and took some benedryl. Before too long I was out like a light sitting downstairs with the laptop on my lap. I think I woke up around 11:00pm and crawled into bed. Luckily I didn't disturb Beth, she was already tucked into Cade's car bed.

Other than the head cold I feel pretty good and anxious for Thanksgiving to come. I'm pretty sure I've put in enough training to easily break the 33 min barrier. In fact in my mind I'm picturing a sub 31 min 5k. But you never know. There have been times where I toe that starting line and nothing is in the tank. Then time where I feel like crap and I do very well. We'll just have to see what happens. In the mean time I'm going to continue working pretty much everyday to get stronger and faster.

Keep Steppin'

Bob


No comments: