Thursday, April 1, 2010

Special Day :)

Today is Beth and I's 9th anniversary.  So instead of writing about my running exploits I'm going to spend a little time talking about my wedding ("Because this is my blog and I can do what I want to." *spoken in the voice of Eric Cartman*)

For some reason nine years ago Beth agreed to marry me.  Maybe it was because we just found out Abby was on the way, but I'd like to believe that didn't have any bearing on her decision to marry me.  We didn't have ANYTHING.  Seriously, I'm not kidding - I had nothing, no money, no car, barely making child support payments, my parents weren't talking to me, etc.....  When I look back, I'm never quite sure what Beth saw in me......  Thanks Honey for believing in me ;)

Beth and I got married in Las Vegas - now before you say "How Corny."  Let me tell you we did it proper.  Married in a small ceremony on top of the Effiel Tower at the Paris Hotel with Her family there - it was a very nice morning with bright skies and crisp air.  I could tell so many stories about this weekend like the one about Beth's hair, Christopher's (my nephew) "All done" sign language, or my golf outing wih my father-in-law, but rather I want to spend some time talking about my better half Beth today.  Anyone who has been reading my blog knows that she is my world and everything I am and will be is because of her.  She has such a kind heart and always thinks about me before she does anything - I couldn't ask for a better spouse. 


Abby and Beth


Beth at Abby's Birthday (at our Condo)


Cade's Birth

Beth and I got married, and to this day what I remember the most (other than saying our vows on top of that God awful tower) was her face, in particular her eyes.  They looked at me with such hope, happiness, and joy.  I can always get lost in her eyes, but on this day they were more alive than usual.  The twinkling in them was just a little bit more, the life reflected in them just a little more clear.  Maybe it was just me reading more into what I saw, but I truely believe that what I saw was real.  Right then I knew I was making the right decision and that she was the perfect person to spend the rest of my life with.  Now nine years down the road - I love her more today then I did that day.  I'm always suprisied how strong my feelings for her are even when we are fighting (which is rare).  Her eyes still shine, and I love seeing her grow as a person.  The times we have spent together have been magical - Cabo, Hawaii, Palm Springs, Yosemite, San Fransisco, house buying (twice), sailing, the kid's births and birthdays, etc are all imprinted in my mind and I'd never exchange these expirences with her for anything else.


Mother's Day 2006 - Beth's sister and Mother


Up in LA


Angel Game


Not sure where we were - but I love her in this picture.

Even though nine years is a good chunk of time - I'm greedy to spend another nine plus years with here.  Sharing our lives together has been wonderful, exciting, and fulfilling.  I love looking at her sleeping face the last thing at night and waking to her face first thing in the morning. 


Beth and her sister


Beth's Birthday 2009


Yosemite 2009


Beth and Abby Yosemite 2009


Beth's side of the Family 2009


Love this Pic!


Abby's soccer game 2010


Abby's photo shoot at the Montage 2009


Abby's photo shoot at the Montage 2009

Thank you Beth for sticking with me - for loving me - for sharing your life with me.  You have made me the happiest husband on this whole earth.


Taken off the coast of Dana Point when we laid Big Papa to rest.

Keep Steppin'
bob

6 comments:

teacherwoman said...

great post! Sounds like one great couple!

Unknown said...

Oh Happy Anniversary, this post brought tears to my eyes...she really believed in you and just look at your wonderful family now. Congratulations on many levels!!

Anne said...

Happy Anniversary...what a beautiful post :)

The Boring Runner said...

Congrats!!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Happy belated anniversary, and congrats!! :)

Ulyana said...

Awww, I totally teared up :) Congratulations! She's a beautiful lady... and what wonderful kids you both have!!!!!